Thursday, May 26, 2011

First night sleeping with the helmet...

Needless to say it was kind of hellish for all concerned (there is a reason helmet has the word hell hidden in it). She had a disastrous day napwise which never bodes well for bedtime. The poor nanny was at her wits end. But even though she was exhausted, Radish was still trying to be so sweet and would give me smiles and giggles all the way up to bed time.
It took and hour and a half to get her to bed (a process which usually takes 30 minutes at most). So poor mommy was as exhausted as poor radish, but she finally passed out. Luckily she managed to go 4 hours before she kicked up a fuss again and so I fed her and she went right back to sleep! Yesterday was a "4 hour on, one hour off" day so I had decided to take it off after the 4 hours if she was having a hard time. But I left it and she went another 4 hours! This time, her diaper had leaked (FML) so a 2am wardrobe change had to take place which means taking the helmet off. I just left it off, thinking that we'd gotten lucky with those 8 hours anyway and she might as well finish the night off well.
We started today at 6am as usual and she was bright and sunny and sweet. Today is a "8 hours on, 1 hour off" day and I'm feeling confident. We'll get through this rough patch I just know it. The child will probably become so attached to the thing, we'll have more trouble getting her to stop wearing it. Now I'm steeling myself for her 6 month check up and shots tomorrow... blerg!

This was dear sister's suggestion as a way to save money on the whole helmet process... nice.


We paid for the helmet ourselves, which stung a lot, as our crappy insurance would not pay, but more on that another time. I'm off to my last day of work, then it's summer vacation! Three lovely months with my little radish and her daddy. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment